Compensation Analysis: A Practitioner's Guide to Identifying and Addressing Pay Disparities
ISBN: 978 9749895 2 5
Patrick Nooren's Compensation Analysis book provides a detailed overview of pay equity analyses with an eye toward OFCCP compliance. It’s written in a way that's accessible to the "stat-phobic" layperson with discussions of pay equity statistics, plaintiff and defense strategies, and tactics for addressing non-defensible pay disparities.
- Chapter 1: The Statistical Foundations of Compensation Analysis Using Multiple Regression
- Chapter 2: Multiple Regression: Preparing the Data and Identifying the Best Model
- Chapter 3: Assessing the Fitness of Data Prior to Conducting Multiple Regression
- Chapter 4: Beyond Statistics: Cohort Review
- Chapter 5: Making Compensation Changes
- Chapter 6: Pitfalls and Practical Considerations
- Appendix A: Conducting and Interpreting Multiple Regression Analyses in Microsoft Excel and SPSS
- Appendix B: General Compensation Analysis Methodology
- Appendix C: Conducting and Interpreting Analyses in COMPARE compensation analysis software
- Appendix D: Linear Regression - A Generalized Statistical Framework
- Appendix E: A Comprehensive Model of Compensation Adjustments
Given the dynamic nature of the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs (OFCCP), it should come as no surprise that the chapter in this book dealing with OFCCP-specific compensation enforcement ("How the OFCCP Will Likely Evaluate the Data," pages 80-93) is out of date. Since the initial publication of this book in 2010, the OFCCP has changed enforcement strategies many times and continues to evolve. What has not changed is the Agency’s tenacious commitment to investigating pay discrimination.
More so than ever, federal contractors need to be proactive about identifying and rectifying non-job-related disparities in compensation between similar employees. Importantly, contractors must stay informed, and the best way to stay on top of OFCCP matters is to join Biddle Consulting Group's open source HR learning community, BCG Institute for Workforce Development (BCGi): BCGInstitute.org.
Dan Kuang, Ph.D. and Patrick Nooren, Ph.D.
About The Author
Patrick Nooren is the President of Biddle Consulting Group, Inc., a firm that specializes in the areas of EEO/AA compliance, test validation and development, compensation pay equity analysis, litigation support, and software development. Patrick has over 25 years of experience in the EEO/AA industry and has worked with hundreds of clients of all sizes to develop their Affirmative Action Plans and support them during audits. He has conducted training in cities across the nation and has authored numerous articles and software programs in the areas of affirmative action, disparate impact, test validation, compensation pay equity analysis, and EEO.
$49.95 + $10 shipping